Like any festival worth their weight we had some amazing producers from all across the country at the 2018 Festival. See more below for who was there.
Double Chococlate Praline Tart with Berry Compote Tiramisu Lemon Mousse with freish fruit & passionfruit syrup Blackcurrent Eton Mess
Hungarian style fried bread served with: Garlic and seasalt (DF, VG) Walnut and watercress pesto (V) Jalapeno and 4 herb harissa (DF, VG) Feta and tomato herb salad (V)
Organic Fair-trade fizzy drinks. Karma Cola Sugar Free Karma Cola Summer Orangeade Lemmy Lemon Gingerella Blood Orange Black Currant Lime and Cranberry
Coffee, Hot Chocolate, Chai, Tea
Gourment Hand crafted sausage rolls: Moroccan chicken and pistacho with smoked lemon and mint yoghurt Rich beef, blue cheese and walnut with caramalised onion Pork, sage + fennel seed with cider pickled apple chutney
BBQ’ed Rai Valley Bacon, Avocado and Rocket Rolls Pete’s Natural Beverages
Garlic Scallops (GF,DF) Scallop Sandwiches Prawn Cutlets (GF,DF) Seafood Chowder
West Coast whitebait patties, Wild venison sandwiches, Paua patties.
Burgers and sliders and hand cut fries/cider /wine
Applications are now open for the New Zealand Home Chef Cook-Off Series!
The New Zealand Home Chef Cook-Off Series!
Are you an amazing home cook that your friends and family tell you all the time that you have what it takes to be a professional? Then we’ve got an amazing opportunity for you.
We are calling out for New Zealand’s best home cooks to apply for the competition that’s run in the culinary pavilion during the 2019 Marlborough Wine and Food Festival. We’re looking for game home cooks to pair up with a professional chef and compete by cooking off using the same ingredients, same equipment, both live and on stage within 45 mins at the New World Culinary Pavilion! Each will be given a mystery box provided by New World Blenheim using amazing local Marlborough produce and competition for the ultimate title, the Marlborough Wine and Food Festival New World Culinary Pavilion Chef of the Year!
What you need to know:
- Applications open 1st October via the following link
- Finalists will be shortlisted and applications close 9.11.18
- Finalists will be announced during the programme launch (finalists will be asked to join the organisers in Marlborough for a party programme announcement)
- An MC and professional chef will be announced prior to the festival
What you’re competing for:
- Title of Marlborough Wine and Food Festival New World Culinary Pavilion Chef of the Year
- Trophy created with the above title and name (yours to keep for a year)
- Tickets to the 2020 Marlborough Wine and Food Festival
- Dinner for four guests, cooked by a professional chef (within Marlborough only)
- New World Blenheim vouchers and more!